Students Grade Teachers

Students Grade Teachers

I believe students should be able to grade their teachers. There are two major reasons; It prevents teachers’ status abuse and improves the quality of the class.

Firstly, if teachers are graded by students, it prevents rudeness and unnecessary comments to be given to students. Students’ grades are decided by teachers, and teachers hold the power to pass or fail a student on daily behavior rather than actual intelligence. Students and teachers should hold reciprocal respect for one another. In a student-led teacher grading system, this is preventable.

Secondly, this idea would improve the class quality. Students study and improve themselves based on their grades. What about teachers? For better education, teaching styles can always seek improvement. It also will make the relationship between teacher and student better. Since the teacher offers a better classroom environment, students will take the class with a better attitude.

Teachers are already evaluated by the principles and other authorities, but it’s completely different to be graded by their students. In South Korea, the teacher grading system is already in effect for both teachers and students, most having positive opinion. I strongly agree about student-based teacher evaluations, and it’s ability to prevent any present status abuse while improving the class quality.