Trading places: students and staff get used to new office arrangement

There is something different this year when students  or visitors enter the school building,  the first floor offices have been switched around.

The counseling office has moved down to the first floor, and the main office has changed to the east end of the hallway where  the alumni meeting room previously occupied the space.

The purpose of the move was to more closely connect the people that work together.  The development team can work together. Mr. Forney and Mrs. Fitch have offices next to each other.  Here are some reactions of the people involved in the move:

“I like the set up about the room. I have different equipment to use. I don’t see any disadvantages,” said Mr. Forney.

Main Office:

20161102_103316-1

Mrs. Werner

“I like it a lot, though I didn’t think I would. The students also like it better, because the main office has more space.”

“In my new office, it is brighter because I have windows and I can see outside.”

“The only disadvantage is that  it is far away from the entrance.  Students and newcomers have to walk the hall to find the office.”

20161102_110121-1

Mrs. Lisowski:

“I am getting used to my new office but I liked it better in my old office because it is more private. Now I am in a separate space from Mr. Stevenson. But students can visit different people in the small area.”

20161102_110500-1

Mrs. Fitch is new to Cotter.

“Oh my gosh, my office is beautiful and huge comparing to my previous cubicals. Mine has lots of natural light.” Her only concern is that  the location of office is not near where the students spend are most of the time, such as in the hallway of third floor.

Office of Advancement, is also known as the “Office of Happiness” by the five energetic ladies who work. They are trying to live up to this title by offering a basket of candies from all over the world on the table in their common room.

20161102_105435-1Linda Schrupp, the “Dean of Happiness”, is Admissions Coordinator. She can always been seen around the campus taking pictures or giving tours to prospective students and their families. Students can always pass by her office to check out wonderful pictures.

“I’ve been here for six years, everybody’s office except mine changed.” Mrs. Schrupp said.

20161102_105612-1Stephanie Eide,  works on  communications, she is pictured here in her office.

Also located in this office suite is Mrs. Olson, Director of International Admissions is now taking her maternity break and she will be back in several weeks.  Niki Peterson, Director of Development, and Anna Koopman, Events and Special Projects Manager, also share one area in the office space.

So far, with the exception of a few wandering parents,  the switch seems to be working well.