Borck and Hyoung crowned at pepfest

For existing in  a country that espouses democracy, high schools sure seem to like monarchy.

On September 22, 2014, Cotter the annual Homecoming pepfest and coronation was held in the  gym.

As all school  members entering the gym, the band performed as students filtered into their seats.  Before the king and queen were announced some games were introduced by the events hosts Tyler Suman, a junior, and sophomore David French.

The Homecoming court, consisting of senior boys Zach Bailey, Kyle Beech, Josh Forst,  Marcus Borck, Marcus Kuhlmann, and senior girls Cora Arnold, Jennifer Beranek, Song Hee (Julia) Hyoung, Brynn Spitzer, and Kelly Vaselaar, were named at an assembly also hosted by Suman and French, on Friday, September 19, which kicked off the Homecoming week activities.

With the help of student council, they arranged two  games before the Coronation. A couple students were invited  to play the games “Charades”, which two in a group to act out the word given for audience to guess what they were acting out.  The second game was a version of “Three Legged Race”, where two people hold a basketball between them and race up and down the court. Some game participants included, Jake Renk, Jake Tlougan; Billy Van Benschoten;, Tri Nguyen, Kate Duellman; Luke Broghammer, Weihan Lu, and Andrew Su, among others.

Also before the coronation, the court members played a game to test their knowledge of each other, similar to the old Newlywed game, but having to do with school related questions.

Marcus Borck was named king and Song Hee (Julia) Hyoung  held up the card with the the tiara which signified the queen.

Between activities coaches from different sports  talked about the season and upcoming events

court photo #1