The Road to the show choir concert

When students begin walking into school towards the end of August, the annual Show Choir Spring Concert is but a glimmer in even the eyes of choir director Ms. Snyder. As the year slowly progresses towards that night, there are many trials and tribulations that go into getting ready for this night and all that it includes.

The process starts slowly when all of the students are just trying to prepare for the Christmas concert in mid-December. As the year  progresses, the students begin to notice how close the Show Choir concert is looming ahead of them. Talk of solos and duets begin to spark up  between the students, who feel as though they have something they would like to share.

The month before the concert is when things start to become hectic. Trying to remember the moves for songs you haven’t danced to in months, preparing for your individual solos and duets, and trying to learn the new songs keep the group engaged.

In the blink of an eye, a month until the concert turns into a week until the concert. Show choir students have learned all of the new songs, and are just working out the small kinks and difficulties in the dance moves, and working on hitting those tough notes during their solos.

Before you know it, it’s the day of the concert. You wake up in the morning, making sure you remember to bring everything you’ll need for the concert, and sit through class all day freaking out about whether or not you’ll be able to remember the lyrics by that night. Next thing you know, you’re sitting outside of the theater, ready to go on stage in front of a few hundred people. Heart pounding, you walk out onto the stage, and get ready for one of the most entertaining concerts of the year.