Gaucho Earns Top Marks in Costume Contest

In a spooky development the costume contest has moved to homeroom.

Cotter students have come  love the annual Halloween costume contest sponsored by NHS. Students and teachers alike enjoy the assembly where kids who have chosen to come to school in costume take the stage at an all-school assembly to be judged , frequently by applause, in a best-costume contest.

Due to scheduling conflicts, there was no Halloween assembly this year. The show, however,did go on.

5th hour teachers showed students a slideshow filled with photos of our creative contestants in their costumes. For the first time, students got to choose the winners. Students chose their three favorite costumes, and three entries rose above the rest. Mexican cowboy Daniel Cardenas lassoed the leading spot. Zach Bailey and Molly Corcoran Sanders were crowned with second place titles for their magical portrayal of Cosmo and Wanda from Nickelodeon’s Fairly Oddparents. Power couple Leah Koll and Kyle Schneider fought their way to third place as Mr. and Mrs. Incredible, the power couple from Disney and Pixar’s The Incredibles.

Though only three prizes were awarded, all of the participants were appreciated, even those who chose not to enter the contest.

The support for our local food shelf and the exciting Halloween spirit made this day a success for Cotter and the Winona community.