Cotter Reveals Updated John Nett

Cotter officially unveiled the updated John Nett rec center on Friday, January 17th, at a girl’s basketball game.

The new addition to the building was first shown to the entire student body after Mass on January 15th. The speakers at the unveiling were Sister Judy and the project manager Mike Hanson. Hanson was also joined by two other workers from Schwab construction at the ceremony.

The ribbon was cut by senior student council officers Dan Parlin and Hannah Kosel. After the ribbon cutting ceremony the students were allowed to roam the new addition to the John Nett and were given a small treat from the concession stand..

The new addition includes large bathrooms and a new concession stand. The construction on the facility took about six months to be completed. The new facilities are a marked upgrade from the old layout. People of all ages used to have to wander through the basement of the building to find the bathroom. Now they are conveniently located right outside of the gym doors.

Student Brynn Spitzer had this to say of recent upgrades. “It is really nice. Definitely a lot better than it was before.”

Click on images below to open a slideshow of the refurbished, gym, concession area, and some stages of construction.