New student follows familiar path across the river

A number of former Cochrane-Fountain City students have made their way to  Cotter, and Julia Greshik is proud to be a member of that group.

A sophomore, Julia feels right at home in her new school.

“I knew a couple people [from Cotter] because they had switched from C-FC before me,” said Greshik. “Mari Crowley, Justin Waldera, Hunter Andre, Anna Engel, Brady Klein, and a few others. I also knew Elizabeth Duellman because our moms are friends and we’ve know each other since we were little. I also went to preschool with Miriam Ellis at St. Boniface, and so we’ve know each other for a very long time!”

Julia is ready to embrace Cotter’s strong academics, as well as the religious aspect of the community.

“I came to Cotter because I wanted to be prepared for college, to grow in my Catholic faith, and to be challenged all around. Also, when I shadowed I loved the teachers and people who I met. The campus also impressed me, and I really just liked the whole environment.”

Julia is currently participating in volleyball, CCMP, jazz band, and Students Promoting Awareness. She also plans to be involved in gymnastics, track, and parmies. Julia is toying with the idea of joining speech, math club, and drama. Julia is making a footprint in the community as well.

“Outside of school I do a volleyball league in the summer, and do some volunteering with my church group.”

Julia also has some strong role models at home.

“My role models are my big sister, Jessica, and my second mom, Carol. They are both my role models, because they show their love for God in how the act. They are both so caring for others, friendly, optimistic, loving, and respectful.. They are my role models because that’s the kind of person I want to be, and I want others to look up to me, and know my faith by how I act.”